The New OCTO-Base™ modular seismic isolation system features the ultimate in versatility of isolation platform design. The unique octagonal shape allows for limitless attachment in multiple directions to create isolated equipment mounting in a concise 15” design. The OCTO-Base™ system utilizes NextGen Ball-N-Cone™ Isolators which dramatically increase displacement capacity, over original Ball-N-Cone™, (by up to 70%), while nearly eliminating vertical spikes and vibrations, due to its smoother rolling design profile. While original ISO-Base™ had excellent performance in recent large earthquake events, the need became apparent to offer a product with increased displacement and acceleration capability.
- NextGen Ball-N-Cone™ Isolator with increased vibration reduction capability
- Octagonal Shape for Enhanced Modularity
- New design allows smoother rolling motion and eliminates vertical spikes & vibrations.
- Features QuakeCoat™ Elastomeric Damping Liner
- Increased Displacement Capacity of 70% over original Ball-N-Cone™
- Increased Weight Load Capacity up to 2500 lbs.
The OCTO-Base™ system components can be configured into isolation platforms for protecting rows of multiple cabinets or equipment items, or can be custom configured as a single, stand-alone, machinery or equipment mount. Additionally, the heavy-duty construction of the OCTO-Base™ system dramatically increases the weight load capacity over original ISO-Base by approximately two and a half times. This is an important advancement to meet the current trend of heavier server racks and IT components being used in todays’ data center environments.